Compliance Product Sr Officer I - Packaged / Insurance Products
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 21, 2019
- Primary Location: United States,Florida,Fort Lauderdale
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
About Citi: Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200
million customer accounts and does business in more than 160
countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations,
governments and institutions with a broad range of financial
products and services, including consumer banking and credit,
corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction
services, and wealth management. Our core activities are
safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing
the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi's Mission and
Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards
explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner
to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that
enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain
our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the
highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the
communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of
skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees
should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability
to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key
business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve
clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin.
Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at
all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where
the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based
on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where
opportunities to develop are widely available to all. Serves as a
senior Packaged / Insurance Products compliance risk officer for
Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for
establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes,
and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and
design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk
levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise.
In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage
teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program
solutions that meet the Packaged / Insurance Products and customer
needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Primary responsibilities include monitoring compliance risk
behaviors, providing day-to-day Compliance advice relating to
operations, financial requirements, and guidance on the supported
Packaged / Insurance Products and the associated regulatory
rules/laws and interpretation on internal policies and procedures.
Key activities include:
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class
Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM. Translates
ICRM strategy and goals across Citi's clients, products and
geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and
guidance on the programs.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on Citi's Compliance
programs. Provides expert guidance on Packaged / Insurance Products
regulations on a real-time basis to manage compliance risk.
- Staying abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and
other industry news including regulatory findings.
- Overseeing the monitoring and identification of regulatory
developments, including enforcement actions, and new laws,
regulations, rules, and interpretations or guidance relating to the
supported Packaged / Insurance Products.
- Analysing and scoping the impact of new and complex regulatory
developments across senior Packaged / Insurance Products, including
- Advising ICRM and Packaged / Insurance Products management and
personnel on regulatory and compliance issues and provide credible
- Participating in industry groups and trade association working
groups or other forums.
- Leading initiatives and managing high-impact special project
work streams with a results-driven focus to deliver solutions,
including coordinating the implementation of new regulatory
- Managing strategy and responses to regulatory examinations,
reviews and inquiries and internal and external investigations, as
well as testing and audit.
- Designing and lead compliance and control reviews.
- Partnering with other ICRM teams and global functions,
including Legal, Risk, Operations and Technology, and Finance to
prevent and detect non-compliance issues and promote a culture of
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other
control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory
organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof;
experience in area of focus; strong working knowledge of Packaged /
Insurance Products and the related operations and financial
- Preferred: Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus Knowledge and
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented,
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate
complex problems and solutions through concise and clear
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global
partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex
organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with
examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US
laws, international and industry standard
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus Other Requirements
- Related certifications desirable.
Keywords: Citi, Miami Lakes , Compliance Product Sr Officer I - Packaged / Insurance Products, Accounting, Auditing , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!